This fall the D.C. Council will consider the Bicycle and Pedestrian Safety Act of 2015. This proposed legislation includes the following provisions to increase safety for bikers and walkers:
- Ensure the public will know about pedestrian crashes.
- Establish bicycle and pedestrian “priority areas.”
- Change the planning policies for DC’s traffic planners.
- Increase bike safety and bike-riding education.
Increase penalties for drunk driving, provide for better trainingof drivers.
- Enable citizen review of major crashes involving pedestrians.
Please show your support of this legislation and urge Ward Four Councilmember Brandon Todd to work to pass it. As a member of the Transportation Committee, his voice is key to advancing the cause of bicycle and pedestrian safety.